A steadily growing population:
- In 1995, Cultural Creatives were 23.6% of the US adult population, or 44 million adults.
- In 1999, Cultural Creatives were 26% of US adult population, or 50 million adults.
- In 2008, Cultural Creatives were 34.9% of US adult population, or 80 million adults
- [US Adults 18+ years in 2008 = approximately 230 million]
- 175% growth in 13 years is a little over a 3% per year constant annual population growth rate.
- However we have to factor in that the US adult population is growing too. So, the Cultural Creatives’ share of US population went from 23.6% to 33.6%. That is a 42.4% increase in share—about a 2.5% annual growth rate as an increasing share of the US population. [Lire plus]
Source: Paul Ray, Chapter 2. The Cultural Creatives. The Potential for a New, Emerging Culture in the U.S., Report on the 2008 American Values Surveys, 2008.